STRIVING FOR GREATNESS PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
The program provides comprehensive services that give teen youth the opportunity to address emotional & mental health needs, decrease delinquent behaviors, develop social skills, learn independent living skills, improve biological family relationships, and prepare for reunification and/or preparation for emancipation.
The group home also offers:
• 24 hour awake staff
• 24 hour supervision by the resident advisor
• Each youth will receive a mental health assessment
• Each youth will receive an individualize treatment Plan
• Weekly individual and group counseling
• Youth will complete an independent living assessment and develop an independent living plan.
• Recreational Outings
• Each youth will be assigned a mentor who will meet with the youth at least twice monthly.
• Group Activities
• Balanced nutritional Meals
• Outside Trips
• Tutoring Services
• Guest speakers will be invited at least once a month to address the youth on different topics affecting the youth today.
Youth who are approaching eighteen years of age will be prepared to transition from the group home to live completely on their own.
• The youth will gain knowledge to create a resume, complete a job application, and how to apply for jobs and knowledge of the interview process. How to start a savings account and save money, complete a budget, grocery shopping, how to access resources in the community, how to get money for education, how to use public transportation, and other necessary living skills to ensure their success later in life.